Friday, November 6, 2020

Chinoiserie Cabinet

 You may have seen in this thread about The Cronhardt that I have been busy for long building and decorating my 1900 house. 

To have the rooms authentic I collected lots and lots of reference pictures. One of the things I saw in so many of the living rooms, actually drawing Rooms, were Chinoiserie cabinets. 

Fortunately I found a 3d model with great textures. But as you all know 3d meshes are infamous for being very high in poly count. I wanted a sideboard, but not at the cost of 400000 polys!!!


So I used the textures as reference and modeled my own. I am extremely proud of this cabinet. 

Credit for the textures goes to 3d sky models.




The pictures above are from the interiors of the house I built.

A close up for better reference:





I like my meshes to be functional so you will find this under Storage/ Dressers

DOWNLOAD


5 comments:

  1. I'm blown away. A wonderful sideboard. And the house is sure to be a great property that will take a lot of time, work and creativity. I'm curious. Kind regards Clara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love with this, Anita! 🤗🥰🤗 I adore Chinoiserie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your comments are highly appreciated.
    So happy when I make something that my friends really adore.

    ReplyDelete